Every week, Tennis Analytics dives deep into the data, bringing you a stat of the week to help you understand tennis better and become a little smarter.
Stat of the Week: 8%
World #23, Elena Rybakina, stunned the field in more ways than one to take the 2022 Wimbledon title.
From her quarterfinal match through the final, she not only hit more winners than opponents (+6%), but she also made fewer errors (-2%). This results in a net differential of 8% in Rybakina’s favor.
Rally Length Data
- 82% of all rallies were over within SIX total shots, that is a maximum of 3 shots for each player.
- Rybakina won 54% of all points played (same as Djokovic).
Serve and Return Data
Point of the Week
72% of points in Rybakina’s last three matches resulted in an error by one of the players, leaving 28% as winners. This is approximately 2.5 errors to each winner.
Like last week, the “takeaway” is that matches are won by making fewer errors than your opponent. Your #1 task is to make your opponent uncomfortable to try and generate errors using a mix of pace, spin, depth, angles, ball height, and consistency.
The Wimbledon special continues… use coupon code Wimbledon22 to get 20% off any Player Package. Sale ends Sunday!
Photo of the Week
The Elina Svitolina two-handed backhand.
Leave a Reply